Symposium: Collective Empowerment across Borders
At this year’s symposium, 9 womyn from international and local contexts will talk about their experiences in the field of the performing arts, reflect on their own artistic work and talk about the point at which they currently stand. The focus will be on the perceptions of the individual resulting from an interplay of geopolitical, gendered, age- and (assumed) origin-related positions as well as personal influences, but also on the identification of challenges we face together as different womyn and allies.
- How can we live solidarity-based feminism across borders in our different places, from different positions, with different environments and yet with each other?
- How can we stay on our way to become womyn protagonists and reinvent ourselves even in the current pandemic situation?
- How can we encourage our allies to come to terms with their own limitations and yet remain at our side?
We want to get to the bottom of these questions during the contributions of the speakers and in the subsequent discussion in a joint process to push forward, like the moon, the water that we all need to live.
- Julia Varley, The Magdalena Project, Denmark
- Helena Kontoudakis, Pro Quote Berlin, Germany/Greece/Switzerland
- Helen Varley, The Magdalena Project, Munich
- Natasha Czertok, Theatro Nucleo, Italy
- Regina Busch, Daedalus Company, Germany
- Martha Jalowska,Teraż Polis, Poland
- Dr. Bojana Kunst, University of Giessen, Germany
- Laia Ribera Cañénguez, Theatre pedagogue, El Salvador/Guatemala/Germany
… and all others who think that their voices should be heard in this context. Allies and interested parties are warmly invited to listen, think and ask questions.